We offer a fun and exciting environment that has a real family atmosphere. We do things here that can get you kicked out of other gyms. We use chalk, drop weights, and make noise. We play your music (bring in what you want to listen to during your workout). We post workout results on the whiteboard for all to see. Creating both competition and camaraderie. There is always a coach present; observing and correcting during the workouts to make sure that you are moving correctly. We don’t just show you once how to do something and cut you loose. We are always there coaching you and pushing you to be your best.
“CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, fire departments, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide. Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is no specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind. Our hunters, skiers, mountain bike riders and housewives have found their best fitness from the same regimen. Thousands of athletes worldwide have followed the workouts posted and distinguished themselves in combat, the streets, the ring, stadiums, gyms and home.” Courtesy of CrossFit, inc.
Why train at Hartford CrossFit?
• The quality of training available at Crossfit Hartford is unrivalled. We are the first choice of people serious about learning Crossfit. You find our gym to be a friendly, warm, community driven environment with the highest standards of coaching and instruction. We attract many Crossfitters from various gyms who have reached ceilings on their current training and wish to improve. The Olympic Lifting coaching we provide is second to none.
• Crossfit Hartford’s coaches are full-time, professional strength and conditioning coaches at Trinity College. This is not a part-time job for them. Having coaches that train national champions as part of their day job means better quality coaching for you.
• CrossFit is the ultimate training program. It is purposely broad, general and inclusive and is random in its approach. Each day is different. You will not get bored and never plateau with progress.
• We coach you every time you walk into Hartford CrossFit. We are here to push you to be your best. We are all about technique, safety, and high level programming, Our programming is designed to help you continually improve and the results of our athletes speak for themselves. By the way we call all our members ‘athletes’.
• We use functional movements that carry over to tasks as in life. We coach you how to move your bodies efficiently and powerfully.
• We specialize in not specializing. We coach you to be well rounded in your fitness and develop skills in the 10 domains of fitness: Endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy.
• We are about getting back to the basics of fitness and train that way. We don’t have fancy, hi-tech machines. The only machine we use is you. We believe how you train is more important than where you train. We train with equipment that mimics everyday life movements.
• CrossFit prepares your body to adapt to the unknown and the unknowable. If you embrace the CrossFit method and make a serious effort to stick to the program, you WILL achieve results. You will gain confidence in your physical abilities. This confidence will carry over to all other challenges that life throws at you.
Hartford CrossFit is a garage style gym filled with simple things that you might not have seen before, but instinctively make sense when you grab a hold.